Monday, May 2, 2011

The Beauty of Arizona!

I have lived in three very different states, New York, Georgia, and Arizona (and California for a very short stint but that is a long story for another time). A lot of times when people find out I have moved a lot they ask which place is my favorite and that used to be a hard question to ask, but it is super easy to answer now. It is most definitely Arizona!

When we first moved to AZ I was not very happy. I did NOT want to live in the desert, I didn't want the 120 degree summers, I didn't want no seasons.....I didn't want to move and especially to Arizona. It was on the other side of the country from all of my friends and family. It was different from everything I knew. I was a kid and clearly had no choice so off I went with my family to Arizona. Fast forward 10 years and I couldn't be happier living in Arizona!!! The whole dry heat thing that everyone talks about is true. Anytime I go to GA or NY I die from the humidity, the dryness is my best friend. Don't get me wrong when it is 120 degrees outside it isn't fun unless you are in the pool or inside, but the rest of the year makes up for it.

Here is a list of my favorite things about ARIZONA:

(1) Monsoon season
(2) Only a 3 hour drive to go skiing
(3) You can drive 1 hour and be in 20 degree cooler weather
(4) No humidity
(5) Best of all the amazing sunsets

Now that I have made you all want to come to Arizona here are a few pictures to make you want to come here more!

This is a very rare occasion, only one of two times that it has snowed in Mesa since I have lived here. Unfortunately it didn't stick, but hey it was snow just the same!
When I said monsoon season this is what I meant....
A monsoon is basically a rainstorm without the rain. It is the best because there is intense wind and AMAZING lightning! These two pictures don't even do it justice, you have to see it to really get the awesomeness of it. The lightning is so magnificent it lights the sky up like it is day time.
No words are needed to explain the beauty of these sunsets!



No comments:

Post a Comment